About This Policy
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with Data Protection Laws, being: (i) the Data Protection Act 1998, until the effective date of its repeal (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for so long as the GDPR is effective in the UK, and (iii) any successor legislation to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, in particular the Data Protection Bill 2017-2019, once it becomes law and any other legislation relating to the protection of Personal Data.
LifeDome is the Data Controller and responsible for your personally identifiable information (Personal Data) as listed in clause 3 below.
Types of Information We Collect About You
Information you or your organization may provide
Depending upon the LifeDome Site you are accessing or other method of contact, we may collect receive from you, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you such as:
- Identity and Contact details such as your full (i.e., first and last) name, organization affiliations, phone number, email address, and postal address;
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to the LifeDome Website;
Information collected automatically
As you navigate the LifeDome Site, LifeDome may also automatically collect information about you or your computer that does not directly identify you. This information may include IP address and device identifiers, information about your Internet connection and information about the equipment or software you use to access the LifeDome Website. Such information is only collected to the extent that it is necessary for us to provide services that you use, to optimize your user experience, and/or to make improvements to the LifeDome Website and service offerings. LifeDome does not serve third party advertising.
You have the ability to choose to opt out of inclusion of your personal information at the point of disclosure. You may choose whether your personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may also opt out of use of your personal information as outlined below under Access, Correction, and Erasure.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Collect Information About You?
We collect information about you in three main ways:
- Information Directly Provided by You or Your Organization: We collect information about you when you register for services, sign up for email or text alerts, request products or services, respond to surveys, fill out registration forms on an LifeDome Site or otherwise for events, register for or view webinars; create a profile, publicly post or share content, contact us, use social media connections, and/or otherwise interact with LifeDome Website. We may receive and store information provided by your organization to the extent required to perform a contracted service.
- Information Collected Through Third Parties: We may receive information about you from customers and business partners for referral and reference purposes.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data
LifeDome will only process Personal Data where there is a lawful basis as per Data Protection Laws. This lawful basis shall be one or more of the following: (a) Express consent from you; (b) In order to perform and/or complete a contract with a third party; (c) To comply with a legal obligation; (d) To protect your vital interest; (e) It is in the public int
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual’s Personal Data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible by our Data Protection Lead. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we have a legitimate interest. If you would like to find out more about our legitimate interests, please contact us via the email address set out above.
How we share your information
In certain circumstances we will share your Information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Data Retention and Deletion
LifeDome may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with applicable law. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for LifeDome to conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you request to delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Your rights and Choices
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
When reading this notice, it might be helpful to understand that your rights arising under Data Protection Laws include:
- If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving marketing emails from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Follow the instructions contained in the email message to opt-out of receiving future messages of that type. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service-related messages so long as you maintain an account with LifeDome.
- The right to be informed of how your Personal Data is used (through this notice);
- The right to access any Personal Data held about you;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, by emailing us using the details set out above.;
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data held about you;
- The right to erasure where it cannot be justified that the information held satisfies any of the criteria outlined in this policy, or where you have withdrawn consent;
- The right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes, scientific/historical research or in any such way that is likely to cause substantial damage to you or another, including through profile building; and
- The right to object to processing that results in decisions being made about you by automated processes and prevent those decisions being enacted.
LifeDome takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, data that you share and that we collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your data on a secured server behind a firewall, internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, industry-standard encryption technologies, and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information.
If you have reason to believe that a third-party has gained unauthorized access to your information, please contact us immediately at email@example.com If LifeDome becomes aware of any data breach, we will notify affected individuals or, with respect to LifeDome Services, affected organizations as soon as reasonably possible.
Does your Personal Data leave the EU?
Your Personal Data may be transferred to our affiliated companies
We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties which are outside the EU, this will be carried out in accordance with Data Protection Laws and for the purposes of carrying out any services we provide for you.
LifeDome may from time to time use overseas web and IT providers. We can disclose such details of what data is sent where, and the safeguards in place, following your written request.